Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Reviewing your Manuscript in Epub Format

Wouldn't it be cool to review your document using iBooks, Aldiko, or Moonreader instead of the desktop or laptop?  I do this all the time.  I write a chapter ot two, and when it's time for me to edit, I convert my word file into epub format, shoot an email to myself, and open my new chapters in iBooks. Editing becomes an anticipated activity.  Why? Because of the following:

  • It doesn't feel like I'm too far from finishing my work because I already get the feel of reading my work.
  • Editing doesn't feel such a chore anymore because I get to edit on the fly.  I simply read through what I have worked on and then, highlight and make comments about phrases I want to edit.






Here's a sample of my own notes on my manuscript.  There's a tab above for "Notes."  Just click that and all the highlights and comments you made on the manuscript would be displayed.


  • I can do it anywhere.
  • All my notes and comments can be sent to my email in case I want to edit later on using my desktop.
The above picture shows how to send all the comments and notes to an email address so that one can continue editing using a laptop/ desktop.
Aren't these reasons great?

Now, here's where it gets better.  If you want to try this method, shoot me an email and I will happily convert the file for you.  Don't worry, anything you write is yours by copyright.  I just want to share this experience with you.  If you like it, you can later on invest on an epub conversion tool.  P.S. I'm not selling one.  My offer is simply from one Indie writer to another as we try to help each other survive in this artists' world.


Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment